Amazon Sellers and Coronavirus: Weekly Updates April 6-12
In light of the ongoing global health and economic crisis, Amazon is making regular changes to support customers, employees and third-party sellers alike. At SellerMobile, it is our goal to keep you updated on the changes to Amazon programs and policies. We plan to give you weekly updates for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic to help you navigate the uncertainty in the eCommerce industry.
The Latest Amazon COVID-19 Updates
April 8 – Amazon is suspending its own delivery service, Amazon Shipping, starting June to allow drivers to collect packages from sellers and deliver them directly to customers.
April 6 – Amazon is temporarily extending return windows. Any purchases made between March 1 and April 30 through Amazon or seller partners in the U.S. and Canada can be returned until May 31, 2020.
April 6 – While Amazon has not officially released a statement, the company continues to freeze FBA shipments of non-essential items. The suspension was supposed to be lifted on April 5.
April 4 – Amazon is reportedly postponing its major shopping event, Prime Day, until at least August 2020.
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Most popular products based on sales as of April 10, 2020
- Washable kids paint
- Jenga classic game
- Fire TV Stick
- Echo Dot Smart speaker
- Outdoor security cameras
- Video games gift cards
- Preschool workbooks
- Face mask bandanas
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Biggest gainers in sales rank as of April 10, 2020
- Adult Novels
- Children books
- Security cameras
- Video camera
- Gaming monitor
- Video games
- Jigsaw puzzle
What’s the best product to sell during the coronavirus pandemic?
If you wish to continue selling on Amazon despite the suspension of FBA inbound shipments, make sure to diversify your products and consider the following product categories:
- Baby products
- Health and household
- Beauty and personal care
- Industrial and scientific
- Pet supplies
If you do not fall into one of the above six categories, we highly suggest that you consider expanding your niches. If not, seek alternative ways to sell your items. You can either try Amazon’s FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) program or go for third-party marketplaces if you don’t already have a website or online store.
What are other categories with surge in sales?
Amazon has noticed soaring demands in other categories and subcategories, including:
- Work-from-home tools/furniture
- Home gym accessories
- Board games/puzzles
- Homeschooling resources
- Patio, Lawn, & Garden products
- Home organization/cleaning products
Amazon Seller Resources
Read previous articles to learn more on:
- Coronavirus Stimulus Package: How it can help small business owners
- What are consumers buying during the coronavirus quarantine
- How can Amazon third-party sellers protect their business amid the global crisis
- What does Amazon temporary freeze of incoming shipments can mean for FBA sellers
- Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus on eCommerce
Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- Another sign of surging demand on Amazon.com
- Scaling your ecommerce startup in the age of Amazon
- Glimmers of hope as Amazon expands list of ‘high-priority’ items
- The weird stuff we’re buying on Amazon gives insight into ‘the quarantined consumer’
Shipping and Delivery News
- Amazon shipping delays, changes could carry hidden risks
- Amazon to suspend delivery service competing with UPS, Fedex
- Amazon to halt Amazon shipping to meet customer demand
- Amazon adjusted buy box algorithm, rewarding merchant fulfilled orders
- Amazon releases product targeting in Sponsored Display
- Amazon shares seem pretty rich as impact on AWS is being overlooked
- Amazon merchants spooked by coronavirus are cutting back on ad spending
Stay Tuned for More Updates
We are not sure until when this COVID-19 pandemic will end, so for now stay informed on the latest Amazon Covid-19 updates and act accordingly.
We wish everyone well during this time. If you need help streamlining your processes – be it your inventory, shipment, sales & profit monitoring or PPC advertising – SellerMobile got your back.