Starting June 15, 2020 we will only be updating this post if there are changes or news updates of paramount importance to Amazon sellers.
Covid-19 has affected the lives, work and economies of people and nations all over the world. In light of the ongoing crisis, we at SellerMobile strives to provide the most up-to-date changes on the programs and policies of Amazon, as well as crucial matters about the Coronavirus pandemic and its impact to Amazon consumers and Amazon sellers.
The Most Important Amazon COVID-19 Updates
**Updated as of June 15, 2020**
June 15 – Online retailers who are selling outside Amazon can now take advantage of Amazon Shipping.
June 14 – Amazon, pushing fashion, opened photo studio as a ‘warehouse’ exemption
June 12 – Amazon Advertising introduced its product targeting option for Sponsored Display ads to Canadian advertisers.
June 10 – Small business owners who sell items on Amazon will soon be receiving targeted invitations for credit lines of up to $1 million as the eCommerce giant partners with Goldman Sachs.
June 5 – Amazon’s sales surge is the ‘new normal’ and will lead to revenue topping estimates, says Deutsche Bank
June 3 – Orders from Amazon India may soon start to come in just the original packaging as the e-tailer looks to cut down on waste generated by packaging materials in the form of cardboard, paper cushions and plastic wraps etc.
June 2 – A “Fashion Summer Sale” event will be hosted by Amazon on June 22, 2020, to provide a boost for sellers feeling the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic and the delay of the company’s annual Prime Day event.
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Most popular products based on sales as of June 15, 2020
- Inflatable Pool Float
- Inflatable Lounge
- Inflatable Splash Pad Sprinkler
- Fire TV Stick
- Echo Dot
- Fire 7 Tablet
- Indoor Smart Home Camera
- Compact Binoculars
- Video Games Gift Cards
- Books about Racism & History
- Men’s T-shirt & Jersey Short
- Men’s Shower Slides
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Biggest gainers in sales rank as of June 15, 2020
- Nat Geo The Photo Ark Book
- Extension Cord
- Gaming Laptop
- HD Monitor
- Switch Controller
- Gaming Headset
- Water Balloons
- Inflatable Lounge
- Nerf Toy Blaster
What’s the best product to sell during the coronavirus pandemic?
Although Amazon has opened its warehouses a couple weeks back and started accepting a wider range of items, it still continues to prioritize products under these categories to better serve customers’ needs while they are in quarantine.
- Baby products
- Health and household
- Beauty and personal care
- Industrial and scientific
- Pet supplies
If your products do not fall into one of the above six categories, we highly suggest that you consider expanding your niches. It is highly likely that the surge in demand for essential goods will stick around long-term.
What are other categories with surge in sales?
Amazon has noticed soaring demands in other categories and subcategories, including:
- Work-from-home tools/furniture
- Home gym accessories
- Board games/puzzles
- Homeschooling resources
- Patio, Lawn, & Garden products
- Home organization/cleaning products
Amazon Seller Resources
Read previous articles to learn more on:
- Coronavirus Stimulus Package: How it can help small business owners
- What are consumers buying during the coronavirus quarantine
- How can Amazon third-party sellers protect their business amid the global crisis
- What does Amazon temporary freeze of incoming shipments can mean for FBA sellers
- Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus on eCommerce
- COVID-19 Help Page for Amazon Sellers
Happenings In & Out Amazon
- Amazon Australia launches alcohol platform
- Amazon looking to hire more workers
- Amazon deepens its healthcare presence: A timeline of the past year
- Amazon 4-star store to open in Miami Beach
- Slack is teaming up with Amazon
- Amazon’s aviation plans will benefit from cargo’s rally
- Amazon A Top Buy As Online Sales Continue To Surge
Insights & Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- Amazon Shoppers Are Buying a Lot More Pet Food and Hair Dye in Quarantine
- Two states are reportedly looking into how Amazon treats sellers
- Amazon to reportedly face antitrust charges in EU over its treatment of third-party sellers
- EPA Orders Amazon And EBay To Stop Selling Bogus Coronavirus-Fighting Products
- Amazon sellers can now register, manage online business in Hindi
- Amazon’s Gains From the Pandemic Shutdown Seem ‘Pretty Durable’
- Amazon sellers use ‘collectible’ label to dodge price gouging rules
Stay Tuned for More Updates
We are not sure until when this COVID-19 pandemic will end, so for now stay informed on the latest Amazon Covid-19 updates and act accordingly.
We wish everyone well during this time. If you need help streamlining your processes – be it your inventory, shipment, sales & profit monitoring or PPC advertising – SellerMobile got your back.
Book a demo on our website or try our 30-day free trial. We would love to help you out during this tough times.