In light of the ongoing global health and economic crisis, Amazon is making regular changes to support customers, employees and third-party sellers alike. At SellerMobile, it is our goal to keep you updated on the changes to Amazon programs and policies. We plan to give you weekly updates for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic to help you navigate the uncertainty in the e-Commerce industry.
The Latest Amazon COVID-19 Updates
May 21 – Amazon’s Prime Day to be pushed to September as reported by the Wall Street Journal.
May 21 – Amazon announced five new renewable energy projects in China, Australia and the U.S.
May 18 – Amazon has welcomed the government’s move to allow e-commerce firms to deliver non-essentials to all places outside containment zones in lockdown 4, in New Delhi India.
May 17 – Amazon says the one- and two-day delivery times that shoppers have come to expect should gradually return in coming weeks.
May 17 – Amazon has deployed its engineers from the drone delivery unit to develop face shield.
May 16 – Amazon planned a gradual reopening on its French warehouses starting on May 19th as it came close to reaching a deal with French unions and work councils on safety measures to protect against COVID-19.
May 13 – Amazon promoted its Handmade marketplace on its corporate blog, and made it easier for shoppers to find local and regional artisans.
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Most popular products based on sales as of May 22, 2020
- Bubble solution
- UNO Minecraft card game
- Fire TV Stick
- Echo Dot
- Smart home camera
- Binoculars for adults
- Astronomical telescope
- Video game gift cards
- Novels and Non-fictional books
- Workout shorts for women
- Slip-on water shoe
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Biggest gainers in sales rank as of May 22, 2020
- Self-help books
- Binoculars for kids
- Wireless security camera
- Gaming monitor
- Laptop computer
- Driveway alarm system
- Play Station video game
- Colored pencils
- Stuffed animal bear
What’s the best product to sell during the coronavirus pandemic?
Although Amazon has opened its warehouses a couple weeks back and started accepting a wider range of items, it still continues to prioritize products under these categories to better serve customers’ needs while they are in quarantine.
- Baby products
- Health and household
- Beauty and personal care
- Industrial and scientific
- Pet supplies
If your products do not fall into one of the above six categories, we highly suggest that you consider expanding your niches. It is highly likely that the surge in demand for essential goods will stick around long-term.
What are other categories with surge in sales?
Amazon has noticed soaring demands in other categories and subcategories, including:
- Work-from-home tools/furniture
- Home gym accessories
- Board games/puzzles
- Homeschooling resources
- Patio, Lawn, & Garden products
- Home organization/cleaning products
Amazon Seller Resources
Read previous articles to learn more on:
- Coronavirus Stimulus Package: How it can help small business owners
- What are consumers buying during the coronavirus quarantine
- How can Amazon third-party sellers protect their business amid the global crisis
- What does Amazon temporary freeze of incoming shipments can mean for FBA sellers
- Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus on eCommerce
- COVID-19 Help Page for Amazon Sellers
Insights & Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- Beauty brands see Amazon sales spike in pandemic
- This breakdown of retail sales data shows why Amazon is leading the stock market
- How Amazon is growing its power during the pandemic
- Coronavirus prompts Amazon to convert more Whole Foods locations to online delivery only
- Amazon, medical supply firm team up to sell coronavirus PPE to health care workers
- Amazon Business Opens New Store For Coronavirus Aid Products
- Amazon shows off high tech fight against COVID-19
- Amazon May Become Top U.S. Industrial Distributor Next Year
Stay Tuned for More Updates
We are not sure until when this COVID-19 pandemic will end, so for now stay informed on the latest Amazon Covid-19 updates and act accordingly.
We wish everyone well during this time. If you need help streamlining your processes – be it your inventory, shipment, sales & profit monitoring or PPC advertising – SellerMobile got your back.
Book a demo on our website or try our 30-day free trial. We would love to help you out during this tough times.