In light of the ongoing global health and economic crisis, Amazon is making regular changes to support customers, employees and third-party sellers alike. At SellerMobile, it is our goal to keep you updated on the changes to Amazon programs and policies. We plan to give you weekly updates for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic to help you navigate the uncertainty in the e-Commerce industry.
The Latest Amazon COVID-19 Updates
May 1 – Amazon announces first-quarter results.
April 29 – An in-house, pilot coronavirus testing program has begun for Amazon employees at a warehouse in Fresno, California.
April 28 – Amazon to open new facility in Georgia that will employ 800 full-time workers in the state.
April 27 – To fight fraud, Amazon tests live video calls to verify third-party sellers.
April 27 – Amazon works around the clock to keep prices fair and root out price gouging.
April 27 – Except for France, Amazon has started accepting FBA incoming shipments for a more varied selection of products.
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Most popular products based on sales as of May 1, 2020
- Jenga classic game
- Bubble solution
- Colored pencils
- Fire TV Stick
- Echo Dot
- Indoor smart home camera
- LED lighted pocket microscope
- Binoculars with light vision
- PlayStation & Xbox gift card
- Relationship guide book
- Children workbook
- Face mask
- Slip-on water shoe
- Men short sleeve t-shirt
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Biggest gainers in sales rank as of May 1, 2020
- Novels & Cook books
- Children story books
- Smartphone app-enabled telescope
- Portable car key camera
- Nintendo switch charger
- Portable wireless camera
- Gaming headset
- Online game code
- Men sandal
- Women waist trainer
- Water shoes
What’s the best product to sell during the coronavirus pandemic?
Although Amazon has opened its warehouses a couple of weeks back and started accepting a wider range of items, it still continues to prioritize products under these categories to better serve customers’ needs while they are in quarantine.
- Baby products
- Health and household
- Beauty and personal care
- Industrial and scientific
- Pet supplies
If your products do not fall into one of the above six categories, we highly suggest that you consider expanding your niches. It is highly likely that the surge in demand for essential goods will stick around long-term.
What are other categories with surge in sales?
Amazon has noticed soaring demands in other categories and subcategories, including:
- Work-from-home tools/furniture
- Home gym accessories
- Board games/puzzles
- Homeschooling resources
- Patio, Lawn, & Garden products
- Home organization/cleaning products
Amazon Seller Resources
Read previous articles to learn more on:
- Coronavirus Stimulus Package: How it can help small business owners
- What are consumers buying during the coronavirus quarantine
- How can Amazon third-party sellers protect their business amid the global crisis
- What does Amazon temporary freeze of incoming shipments can mean for FBA sellers
- Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus on eCommerce
- COVID-19 Help Page for Amazon Sellers
Happenings around Amazon
- Amazon Donates $3.9 Million to CodeVA to Expand Computer Science Education for 500,000 Students
- Amazon Is Changing Its Website to Do Something Unimaginable
- Pandemic brings fortunes to Amazon–and headaches too
- Amazon’s power is becoming more exposed during the pandemic
- Amazon offers a free year of its Food Network Kitchen app
- Amazon to open first warehouse in Dublin
Insights & Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- New 100% Government backed Bounce Back Loans for SMEs
- US stimulus deposits result in Amazon Advertising sales spike
- Amazon has been indispensable during the pandemic — but it’s clear who really wins
- Amazon investors told to ‘take a seat’ as demand jumps
- Amazon isn’t a one-way bet during the pandemic
- Amazon may be the ultimate coronavirus-proof stock
- 4 Thoughts Ahead Of Amazon’s Earnings
- What I learned from selling on Amazon and as a consultant to companies that do
- Third-Party Sellers Aren’t Surprised Amazon Is Reportedly Looking at Their Data
Stay Tuned for More Updates
We are not sure until when this COVID-19 pandemic will end, so for now stay informed on the latest Amazon Covid-19 updates and act accordingly.
We wish everyone well during this time. If you need help streamlining your processes – be it your inventory, shipment, sales & profit monitoring or PPC advertising – SellerMobile got your back.
Book a demo on our website or try our 30-day free trial. We would love to help you out during this tough times.