In light of the ongoing global health and economic crisis, Amazon is making regular changes to support customers, employees and third-party sellers alike. At SellerMobile, it is our goal to keep you updated on the changes to Amazon programs and policies. We plan to give you weekly updates for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic to help you navigate the uncertainty in the eCommerce industry.
The Latest Amazon COVID-19 Updates
April 14 – The French courts ordered Amazon to limit its deliveries to France to essential goods only.
April 13 – Amazon is hiring 75,000 more workers to handle surge in demand during the coronavirus pandemic.
April 13 – Amazon lifts ban on shipping non-essential items to its fulfillment centers.
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Most popular products based on sales as of April 17, 2020
- Painting supplies
- Jenga classic game
- Fire TV Stick
- Echo Dot Smart speaker
- Security cameras
- Video games gift cards
- Preschool workbooks
- Men short sleeve t-shirt
- Slip-on water shoe
- Face mask bandanas
Amazon COVID-19 Updates: Biggest gainers in sales rank as of April 17, 2020
- Adult Novels
- Children books
- Security camera chargers
- Smart phone sanitizers
- Portable monitor
- Wireless TV stereo speaker
- Video games
- Gaming headset
- Art supplies
- Face bandana
What’s the best product to sell during the coronavirus pandemic?
Amazon continues to prioritize products under these categories to better serve customers’ needs while they are in quarantine.
- Baby products
- Health and household
- Beauty and personal care
- Industrial and scientific
- Pet supplies
If your products do not fall into one of the above six categories, we highly suggest that you consider expanding your niches. It is highly likely that the surge in demand for essential goods will stick around long-term.
What are other categories with surge in sales?
Amazon has noticed soaring demands in other categories and subcategories, including:
- Work-from-home tools/furniture
- Home gym accessories
- Board games/puzzles
- Homeschooling resources
- Patio, Lawn, & Garden products
- Home organization/cleaning products
Amazon Seller Resources
Read previous articles to learn more on:
- Coronavirus Stimulus Package: How it can help small business owners
- What are consumers buying during the coronavirus quarantine
- How can Amazon third-party sellers protect their business amid the global crisis
- What does Amazon temporary freeze of incoming shipments can mean for FBA sellers
- Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus on eCommerce
Happenings around Amazon
- Amazon plans to delay Prime Day until at least August
- Amazon stock hits a new all-time high as it sees unprecedented demand
Insights for Amazon Sellers
- 3 Reasons Amazon’s Surging Demand Will Stick Around Long-Term
- ‘The Opportunity Of A Lifetime’: Young Brands Leverage Amazon To Challenge Incumbents During Pandemic
- Amazon Sellers Can Hit Reset on Price-Gouging Blocks
- Why Amazon Stock Jumped on Tuesday
- Amazon: Should You Buy at the High
- You buy things on Amazon. Why not sell there, too?
- Amazon’s list of best-selling items gives a glimpse into online shopping trends
- Amazon loosens restrictions on third party sellers
- This Amazon Web Services Training Bundle Can Help You Start a Lucrative Tech Career
Shipping and Delivery News
- Amazon puts new shoppers on waiting list for grocery deliveries
- Amazon FBA begging merchants to trust them with inventory
- Amazon to suspend delivery service competing with UPS, Fedex
Stay Tuned for More Updates
We are not sure until when this COVID-19 pandemic will end, so for now stay informed on the latest Amazon Covid-19 updates and act accordingly.
We wish everyone well during this time. If you need help streamlining your processes – be it your inventory, shipment, sales & profit monitoring or PPC advertising – SellerMobile got your back.
Book a demo on our website or try our 30-day free trial. We would love to help you out during this tough times.