Amazon Brand Registry Benefits & Setup
Brand Registry can help you unlock powerful features that protect your brand & create a confident, trustworthy presence on Amazon that can boost consumer experience & sales!
What is Brand Registry?
Amazon Brand Registry is an Amazon program designed to give brand owners complete control over their brands in order to create a positive customer experience.
The Benefits of Brand Registry
Amazon Brand Registry offers access to powerful tools to help you accurately represent your brand, discover and file violations, and share statistics to proactively prevent violations.
According to Amazon, a substantial number of global brands with Amazon brand registration are reporting significantly fewer suspected infringements.
With Brand Registry, providing more information about your brand helps reduce potential infringement or inaccurate content, creating an improved brand experience.
Let’s dig deeper into some benefits that every seller should know.
- Accurate Brand Representation – Brand Registry offers you more control over Amazon product pages that use your brand name, so customers are more likely to see the proper information related to your brand
- Stronger Search and Report Tools – Simplify the method of locating cases of potential infringement with custom functions designed particularly for manufacturers:
- Bulk ASIN search – search for a list of ASINs or product URLs to discover and report potentially infringing content
- Image search – locate product listings on Amazon that match your product(s) or logo(s) using pictures
- Global search – search for content material in special Amazon shops from the same display screen without ever having to navigate away
- Once you complete your search, Brand Registry gives you guided workflows so you can report potential infringement so Amazon can evaluate and take suitable action
- Additional Brand Protection – In addition to Amazon’s standard proactive measures to guard customers, Brand Registry uses records that you provide about your brand to provide extra predictive protections to identify and get rid of potentially bad listings. The more information you give about your brand and its intellectual property, the more they can protect your brand, including:
- Product listings that you do not own, but incorrectly use your trademarked terms in their titles
- Photos that include your logo, but are for products that don’t convey your brand name
- Sellers shipping products from international locations in which you do not manufacture or distribute your brand
- Benefits through Brand Tools – Build and develop your business on Amazon by taking advantage of tools like improved brand content, stores, sponsored brands, and the brand Dashboard
With all of this knowledge, many Amazon sellers say that Brand Registry has remarkable benefits and helps to protect their listings and sales. So now, let’s talk about the exact process of setting up your brand on Amazon.
How Can I Enroll My Brand?
Currently, to enroll a brand in Brand Registry, you have to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Your brand name needs to have an active registered trademark – the registered trademark for your brand has to appear in your products or packaging
- Associated government-registered trademark number – Amazon currently only accepts trademarks which have been issued through government trademark offices within the United States of America, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Australia, India, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Singapore, Spain, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the EU Union, and the United Arab Emirates. For more information, you can review country-specific requirements here.
- A list of product categories where the brand will be listed.
- A list of countries where the brand’s products are produced and distributed.
The important thing in this process is having a trademark. In the past, many sellers selling in Amazon US thought they might only get a Brand Registry with a US trademark, which could take time. This is no longer the case.
If you want to get your Brand Registry in just two weeks, you can use Amazon’s “IP Accelerator” program. This is an Amazon partnered law firm that helps process your trademark.
Step-by-Step Brand Registry Setup
- Review eligibility requirements
- There are 3 eligibility questions for which you need to select “yes” or “no” when you log in to begin enrollment
- One asks if you have a brand government-approved trademark, along with the trademark registration / serial number
- Two asks if “your products and packing have a permanently affixed brand name and logo;” you’ll be asked to upload images of your product, packaging, and logo as a part of this step
- Three asks if “you intend to enroll more than 10 brands in the Brand Registry”
- Sign into Amazon Brand Registry
- Enroll your brand
- Visit brandregistry.amazon.com. Select “Enroll a new brand.”
Now that you already have a brand, you might ask “What’s next? Protect it, of course! There are a lot of third-party softwares available to help you attain your goals as an Amazon seller.
Protect Your Brand Against Competitors & Hijackers
In the Amazon competitor tool, you can compare your offers against your competition & discover hijackers. It’s hard to continuously check listings for hijackers.
When a hijacker is identified, you should take immediate action to report the seller to Amazon. On the other hand, SellerMobile’s seller software has already identified who to email and what details need to be in the email. You can use their hijacker reporting templates so you’re ready when a risk is detected.
Always Get Notified! Respond Quickly With Product & Account Alerts
Get emails and SMS alerts when there’s a change on your Amazon listings or to one of your products. Detect hijackers & keep an eye on vital Amazon business metrics.
It’s always convenient when you have notifications to remind you of things that may, otherwise, slip your mind. So, SellerMobile will keep you organized.
Analyze Your Brand
Track down your orders, margins, sales, profits, stocks, and your account’s performance trends and get a better understanding of your Amazon fees & cost of goods to measure ROI & profit margins.
Isolate top-performing brands from lower-yielding ones to elevate sales and profit. Track and measure your top competitors’ performance and identify hijackers on your listings. You can also see how much you’ve lost in the past due to stockouts and use the analysis to understand your data.
Propel Your Brand to the Next Level
Make your FBA restock plans & send your shipments to Amazon from SellerMobile. You can also see demand forecast and restock recommendations while planning. Get tracking info to see if your shipments have reached fulfillment centers. And SellerMobile can synchronize data in real-time from Seller Central.
SellerMobile can also help you calculate storage fees, reduce your Amazon long-term FBA fees, and see where you may have products that are not selling so you can remove them from FBA or make changes to sell them faster.
Watch your competitors’ sales trends
If you don’t have enough reports to go by, check out the competition’s sales trends in order to make these predictions. You might also want to analyze your current inventory and sales and see what products are trending up in sales and rank.
If you are a serious seller, then you probably should enroll in Brand Registry. Take the first step to secure your trademark, as it will give you a lot of benefits in the long run. Also, make sure that you are following Amazon’s guidelines to avoid delays during the application process and to ensure your brand protection.
- Amazon Brand Registry Benefits & Setup - November 20, 2020
- RepricerExpress vs SellerEngine vs SellerMobile - October 6, 2020
- What is Amazon Listing Hijacking? Tips on How to Prevent your Listings from Being Hijacked – Amazon Hijackers - July 15, 2020