Are you paying high amounts of shipping costs? Do you want to reduce your expenses, and in turn, increase your profit? If you answered yes to both, then you should check out the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program. This program is perfect for FBA sellers who want to earn more while spending less. It is convenient, efficient, and extremely useful for sellers!
What is the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program?
The Amazon Partnered Carrier Program (APCP) is a shipping solution created by Amazon for FBA sellers. It provides cost-effective rates when shipping parcels from a seller’s address to an Amazon fulfillment center.
Generally, shipping products to Amazon fulfillment centers is expensive. Each shipment may cost you around $15 or more. However, with the APCP, you can now ship small packages to Amazon fulfillment centers at discounted rates as negotiated by Amazon with carriers, such as UPS and FedEx. You don’t need to be discouraged by shipping costs anymore, and can expect a boost in your net profit.
If your shipment weighs over 150 lbs., the APCP has an option that gives you a shared space in the carrier truck. What you pay for is only the portion of the area that you utilize within the trailer. This is the most cost-effective way to deliver your big shipments in freight.
What are the benefits of the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program?
These are the most significant benefits that the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program can bring to you and your business:
- Reduced shipping costs – With the APCP, you can reduce your shipping price by up to 45%. You therefore have more wiggle room to reduce your product’s overall price, which can increase your chances of winning the Amazon Buy Box.
- Faster processing of orders – Carriers prioritize shipments of sellers under the APCP, so your orders will be processed faster at the fulfillment center. This will allow you to restock your inventory without delay.
- Easy tracking – With the APCP, you can easily estimate your rates, make your payments, and track your shipments from Amazon Seller Central. This will make the entire shipping and payment process seamless and convenient for you.
- Strengthened security – If your shipment is large, Amazon will pack it on pallets and use packaging materials, such as foil and bubble wrap. This provides additional protection for your cargo.
- More visibility – With the APCP, you can see the shipping reference number, loading number, PRO number, purchase order number, and pickup date of your packages. This will give you the utmost visibility when it comes to tracking your shipments and orders.
How do you get started with the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program?
Getting started with the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program is simple and easy. You don’t need to sign up for anything, and there’s no minimum shipment required! Here are the steps to take if you want to get started with the APCP:
- Sign in to your Amazon Seller Central account, and start a new inventory shipment by clicking on the “Manage FBA Shipments” under the “Inventory” tab.
- Build your own shipment plan by using the tools in your account.
- On the “Prepare Shipment” page, choose your shipping method. Small Parcel Delivery (SPD) is for small packages, while Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) is for shipments that weigh over 150 lbs.
- On the same page, select “Amazon-partnered carrier” under shipping carrier, and provide your complete shipment information.
- Click on the “Calculate” button to see your total shipping cost. Once it’s been calculated, check the box to agree to the terms and conditions. Next, click on “Accept charges.”
- Download and print the shipping label. This label should be adhered to the package you’re shipping to verify that you’re using the APCP. Once you finish printing, click on “Complete Shipment.”
- You will then be directed to the summary page. Here, you can find the main details about your shipment, including the Amazon Reference ID, tracking number, carrier status, Amazon fulfillment center address, and more.
Final Thoughts on the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program
If you’re looking to save time, boost your earnings, and avoid stockout, the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program is a must. This program gives you both the convenience and the assurance that your shipment is safe and secure. If you need more help with managing your inventory, Inventory Management Software can do the heavy lifting for you, and some even offer perks like a 14-day free trial. Try it out to experience convenient and efficient inventory management!