Using Amazon Video Shorts in Your Product Listings
As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” As this expression portrays, pictures can tell a story as effectively as describing it with words. When we apply the same concept to Amazon product listings, it is better if images are included in listings to clearly represent what they are. In the ever-evolving world of online shopping, consumers prefer to at least see pictures, as they are not physically seeing or touching the product.
Now, what about adding Amazon video shorts for your listings? Video shorts can enhance your buyers’ experience even more.
What is an Amazon Video Short?
Amazon video shorts are short videos that are similar to an infomercial. Some videos pertain to general products such as instructional videos on how to use a particular product. Other videos are more product-specific. For example, what is a repricer tool (general) versus how to use the SellerMobile Repricer Tool (specific). Video shorts come in different forms:
- How to videos
- Product unboxing videos
- Product comparison videos
- DIY or do-it-yourself videos and
Where do Video Shorts appear?
Each Amazon video short has its own ASIN and can appear in two places:
- Video Shorts Section
- Product Detail Pages
Amazon video shorts found within the product pages will appear as related video shorts. Unfortunately, they appear further down the page, below the product description. This sometimes makes it hard for customers to see them. However, sellers have experienced higher conversion rates regardless of the location of the video short.
What are the Amazon video requirements?
For video submissions to be approved, they need to follow the guidelines provided by Amazon. Also, video shorts can appear in any related ASINs but not on your competitors’ listings. The Amazon video short you wish to submit must be:
- A high-quality video. Amazon has the right to reject videos with poor resolution, content, and audio.
- Aligned with Amazon’s guidelines. Sellers should not include the following on the video: any product reviews; web address of sites, other than Amazon; inappropriate content; mention of different offers; and/or discounts.
- Correct video file format. Amazon only accepts video formats such as 3GP, AAC, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, and MPEG-2.
- Thumbnail image with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The suggested minimum width for the image is 1920px and is only accepted in JPEG and PNG formats.
- Include the Amazon video short title (with 100 characters), video synopsis (with a maximum of 400 characters), video type and related ASINs.
Creating your own Amazon video short and uploading it to Amazon is a great way to promote your own product. This can even help enhance your product listings since images sometimes cannot fully portray the features of a product. You just need to make sure that you follow all the given guidelines and requirements so that your video short submission is approved.