As an Amazon seller, you probably already know the importance of feedback and product reviews to your business. But do you really know the difference between them? Many sellers have been using the words “feedback” and “review” interchangeably – when in fact, they are two different entities in the Amazon marketplace.
If you are just starting out on Amazon or just want a refresher on these elements, we’ve got you covered. In today’s post, we will tackle the main differences between Seller Feedback and Product Reviews, and how each one can benefit your Amazon business.
Key Differences: Seller Feedback vs. Product Reviews
Seller Feedback refers to the entire customer experience as a whole, whereas Product Reviews is simply just a review of the product purchased. In other words, seller feedback is all about you and product reviews are entirely about the products you sell.
- Once the seller feedback is published, it will show up on your seller profile.
- It focuses on you, the seller, and uses a 5-star rating system – where 1 is the lowest and 5 is the highest.
- Customers can leave candid testimonials.
- It can affect your Amazon Account Health metrics.
- It influences your ability to win the Buy Box.
In addition, feedback can guide your customers purchasing decision based on your average feedback score ratings. Having positive feedback scores can encourage customers to purchase your product, hence resulting to increased sales. On the other hand, a negative feedback score can push your customers away, and in a worst case scenario, Amazon can suspend your account if your average feedback rating does not meet its standards.
- Product reviews are displayed on a product’s detail page once they are published.
- It focuses on the product and has nothing to do with your performance.
- Like feedback, it uses a 5-star rating system and customers can leave comments about specific attributes of a product.
- It can impact the visibility of your product.
- Anyone can leave a product review on your page regardless of whether they purchased the item or not.
Product reviews are essential to your Amazon business, primarily because most Amazon shoppers check product reviews before they make a decision. Product reviews are also a great avenue for customers to share how they view your product, providing you with valuable insights into your customers’ preferences and concerns.
Seller Feedback: Why It Matters
Customers can use the seller feedback to share their shopping experience with you, including:
- Your packaging and shipping
- The quality of your work
- Your customer service and professionalism
- And whether they would want to do business with you again or not
Your current feedback score reflects the average of all rated transactions. Thus, it is important to achieve a 5-star rating to motivate potential customers to purchase from you. Aside from that, an excellent seller feedback rating can lead your business to:
- Win the Buy Box position
- Maintain a solid relationship with Amazon
- Attract new customers
- Retain old customers
- Be a step ahead of current and future competitors
Additionally, seller feedback presents an opportunity for customers to share what they think could be done to improve their experience. As a seller, you can use feedback as a learning platform to understand your customers’ expectations, build their trust, and improve your brand’s integrity and reliability.
Product Review: Why It Matters
Product reviews provide social proof. When there are too many sellers marketing the same products, customers will pick out products based on reviews. Apart from that, strong product review ratings can help you:
- Improve your ranking
- Establish a favorable product image
- Make informed inventory decisions
- Create new products and brands to address limitations in your current offerings
- Most importantly, gain new customers and repeat business
Through product reviews, you can understand where your products fall short of your customers’ expectations and improve it. But beyond that, the biggest benefit product reviews offer is the increase in conversion rates and sales. Study after study has shown that customers are likely to purchase products that are highly rated by other users.
To Sum It Up
While Seller Feedback and Product Reviews have distinct differences, both come with a set of advantages that can cultivate a positive customer experience, which ultimately helps your Amazon business in the future.
However, it is important to remember that a negative review about your product is generally less impactful than negative seller feedback. This is because personal taste and preferences vary from one customer to another. It is not possible to ensure 100% satisfaction for each product you sell. On the contrast, you can always provide high-quality customer service and deliver products on time if you have a strong supply chain management system in place.
Manage your seller feedback and product reviews effectively by using an automated feedback generator tool like SellerMobile. Try it today.