Providing Product’s Weight in Manufacturer’s Packaging
Whether there is a huge holiday sales coming up or you are preparing for the new quarter, keeping your inventories in stock should be a priority. Shipping your products to Amazon fulfillment centers on a timely manner is also a must. As you proceed to these tasks, make sure you meet these certain requirements and condition from Amazon, including:
- FBA Product Bar Code Requirements—each item you send requires a bar code.
- FBA Prep Requirements—products must be properly prepared to keep it in good condition.
- FBA Shipment Safety Requirements—products that are shipped must not be too heavy or too large.
- FBA Box Content Information—providing accurate content information for each product will prevent Amazon to open your boxes one by one.
In the recent Amazon FBA update, it was stated that providing the weight of the product in the manufacturer’s original packaging is obligatory.
Why is it required?
Since it is now added in the list of FBA requirement, Amazon sellers are obliged to provide this information within their packages. If not, then suspension would likely occur or Amazon would refuse your products’ shipment. Also, this new update will be both beneficial for you and Amazon in certain ways including:
- Placing your products in Amazon fulfillment centers quicker and more accurately.
- Improves the accuracy of your inventory records.
- Helps move your products through Amazons fulfillment network more efficiently.
- Your products will become ready for sale as soon as possible.
How does it work?
If the information is not yet included in your file, you will receive a prompt where you can input the weight for each ASIN when you create a new shipping plan. The following information is asked to be provided only once per ASIN.
The weight of the product needs to be included within the manufacturer’s original packaging, along with the box content information of your product. Once all these reach Amazon fulfillment centers, Amazon can now then calculate the weight of each unit within the box individually. This makes everything easier and efficient for both parties.
As an Amazon seller, you must be responsible for restocking your inventory regardless of whether there is a huge holiday coming up or not. You must be disciplined and well-informed about the different updates regarding the FBA requirement in your product shipment. This way, you can avoid unnecessary problems that can cost you time, money and stress.